Saturday, January 1, 2011

Back to work (or shall I say play)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I have been away for a couple of weeks because everyone knows how busy the Christmas holidays can be!  Well, add in a birthday celebration for my preteen before Christmas and a birthday celebration for my 2 year old after Christmas!  I am still recovering from all of the festivities. 

But today I challenged myself to get creative and to take on some challenges on the web dealing with the creation of cards.  I took the Mojo Monday Challenge #171.  I am not sure why I had such a hard time with it but it did get me back in the mood for creating.  I combined this challenge with the Play Date Cafe Challenge #62.  Please keep in mind that this is very new to me.  I welcome all comments that are positive and will help guide me to a better creative self!

Play Date Cafe Challenge #62 Photo Inspiration


This card combines both challenges.  This is a new color combination for me and it took a little while to decide the best way to use them.  I hope you like it!

This is an attempt to try something different for Valentine's Day.  I wanted to use nontraditional colors and nonspecific wording.  I do like the eggplant and the kiwi color combo on this one!

4 comments:

  1. LOVELY cards both! The sentiment with the heart on the PDCC card is so SWEET! LOVE the ribbon and I do LOVE eggplant and kiwi together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both cards are gorgeous!!! the 1st card is very soft while the 2nd card is elegant!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layout is great on both cards. I like the rough edges on your layers on the heart card; adds such visual interest! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards--Love that purple card!! Great sketch to use on both cards! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the Cafe and for playing along with us at PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete